First and foremost, I have to introduce my good friend and photographer JiaZi Li. He goes by Steven, but his real name is pronounced like Jazzy, so it’s hard not to call him that for fun.
JiaZi came to visit me in NY a few weeks ago because:
- We me at City Internships
- Everyone at CI is a freaking world traveler
So, I suppose this post is going to give some love back to CI. I’ve had several people asking me lately what City Internships is and if it’s even real/worth it/fun, etc.
The answer to all of the above is YES- GO NOW
City Internships is a program that helps you get an internship in your work field in a big city. It was like studying abroad in my own country. Except I was working in my chosen industry (fashion, duh.) And while they have world wide locations to choose from, I chose to go to LA… for obvious reasons.
OKOKOK I know you’re already bored. So, I’m just going to give you a few reasons why I loved this program and send you on your way.
City Internships Pros:
- I was able to step foot INTO the fashion realm and work. If you know anything about big city fashion, you know it’s insanely hard to get into without connections.
- I met the most incredible people from all over the world. CON: now half my best friends live in Europe/Canada/super far away
- You get enough free time to do whatever the hell you want in LA. Which means exploring, partying, beaching, road trips, Las Vegas- the works.
My best advice is to just go. It’s a kind of once in a life time deal and gave me the best summer of my life.
Photography by JiaZi Li, taken at The New School.
Shop the Look
Coat | Forever 21
Shirt | Target
Pants | SheIn Official
Shoes | Aldo
Purse | Moschino